How safe is the water your family is drinking? If you’re not sure, that could be a problem. Don’t risk letting your family consume dirty, contaminated water. Instead, make sure you have a functioning water filtration system installed to clean the water your family drinks and bathes in. If you need your system repaired or installed, call About Plumbing Inc. for services in Arnold, MO. Not only will we send trustworthy technicians to complete the job, but we will also provide straightforward pricing to avoid any confusion later.
Do you have hard water that’s leaving spots on your dishes and a film in your shower? Call us to learn about our water softener services.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
After deciding that you need a whole-home water filtration system in your house, the next step is to choose which one is best for your property, and your water. Some common types of units are:
- Charcoal filters: As one of the most cost-effective models, these are also one of the most commonly used filters.
- Whole-house sediment filters: These are best for filtering well water.
- Water distillers: These remove Cryptosporidium and minerals from your water.
- Reverse osmosis: Want bottle-quality water? Consider getting this system, which removes Cryptosporidium and other minerals.
- Alkaline water ionizers: These filters add a millivolt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH level.
- Ultraviolet water filters: These are good for destroying germs. The downside to this model is the bulbs need to be replaced frequently.
- Magnetic water filters: These reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared water filters: These filters passively reshape the water structure.
- Catalytic systems: These use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
- Water scalers: Anti-scale systems provide some of the benefits that water softeners do by reducing the build-up of scale in heating elements, pipes, and water heaters, and reducing the stains and white-crusty deposits on fixtures and dishes.
Required Maintenance on Filtration Systems
To keep your filtration system working properly, it’s essential to perform routine maintenance on it. Each type of unit may require different maintenance tasks, including the following:
- Replace carbon filters periodically as they can become dirty quickly.
- Clean and replace the membrane in a reverse osmosis system. The pump may also require services from time to time.
- Clean the components in a water distillation filter.
- Replace the bulbs in an ultraviolet water filter.
Is your water pressure too low, making showering a nuisance? We can fix it! Call us to schedule water pressure services in Arnold.
Common Problems With Water Purification Systems
Like all systems in your home, occasionally your water purification system might encounter issues that require repairs. Some of the most common problems are:
- Carbon filtration systems may malfunction if the filters are not changed regularly.
- The pump in a reverse osmosis system can suffer issues that can affect your water pressure. Have a professional inspect the pump and determine if it can be repaired.
- Water distillation systems might not encounter as many problems as other filtration systems, but they can take longer to perform the job.