When your kitchen faucet is leaking or your old sink needs to be replaced, you need professional help. Instead of looking up a video to DIY, call the trustworthy technicians at About Plumbing Inc. for appointments in Arnold, MO. We can handle all of your plumbing needs, from garbage disposal replacements to faucet repairs. We provide straightforward pricing.
Is there a bad odor coming from your kitchen sink due to a clogged drain? Contact us to learn about our drain cleaning services.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
Is your garbage disposal not working correctly? It could be due to some of these common issues that can require professional repairs:
- Jams: This can occur when inappropriate items -- like high-fiber vegetables such as corn husks and carrots -- are placed in the disposal.
- Clogs: When clogs occur, professionals may need to take apart the disposal to remove the blockage.
- Loss of power: If you flip the switch and your unit doesn’t start, it can be due to a disrupted or faulty connection. A professional can inspect the unit and make any necessary repairs.
- Noise: Loud or unusual noises can indicate there are metal or hard plastic objects in the appliance.
- Leaking disposal: Leaks can be repaired by a plumber to get the unit working correctly.
When it’s time to replace your garbage disposal, contact us at About Plumbing Inc. We carry the Badger 5 - 1/2 HP residential system.
When To Replace Your Faucet
Unless you are remodeling your kitchen, you might not think about replacing the faucet. Some signs to watch for that can indicate you need to install a new unit include:
- Leaks: If your faucet is leaking, have a plumber inspect it to determine if it can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- Severe limescale buildup: If you have buildup on your unit it can decrease your water pressure and cause other parts of your system to rust.
- Expensive parts: If you need to replace various parts on your unit, it can be more cost-effective to install a new faucet rather than make the repairs.
Want to increase the lifespan of your garbage disposal? Check out our list of what you can and can't put down your plumbing system today!
Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips
Did you know your garbage disposal needs to be maintained to keep working properly? Some easy tasks you can perform regularly are:
- Avoid putting hard food items like corn husks and chicken bones down the disposal.
- Don’t put starchy foods, like potatoes, in the unit.
- When using the system, run water into the disposal and keep it running for a few seconds after it has been turned off.
- To keep the blades sharp, grind ice in the unit once a week.
- Clean your system with baking soda, vinegar, and water.
- Freshen your unit with lemons.
Why Hire a Professional Kitchen Plumbing Repair Service
When it comes to kitchen plumbing repairs, it is highly advisable to hire a professional service provider for the job rather than attempting to do the work on your own. Here are a few reasons why hiring a kitchen plumbing repair expert is a fine decision:
- Expertise - Kitchen plumbing repair experts have the knowledge, skill, and experience to quickly identify the problem and provide the necessary solutions. They are also equipped with specialized tools and up-to-date technology that can be used to successfully repair various kinds of plumbing fixtures without causing any damage or disruption.
- Safety - Because plumbers are trained to follow specific codes and regulations set by local governments, they can make sure all repairs are handled safely according to local building laws.
- Guarantee - Professional kitchen plumbing repair services can give guarantees for their workmanship. This means that if something goes wrong after they have completed their repairs, they will return at no extra charge and fix it in a timely manner.
- Time Savings - If you try to repair your garbage disposal yourself, you may spend hours trying to diagnose and fix the problem. Hiring a professional can save you time and allow you to get back to using your kitchen as soon as possible.
- Cost Savings - Hiring a professional to fix your kitchen plumbing can actually save you money. This will not only prevent costly mistakes and repairs in the future, but it will also ensure that the job is done correctly.
Overall, hiring a professional kitchen plumbing repair service provides numerous advantages over DIY solutions as it provides peace of mind knowing that your appliances are functioning properly once again while ensuring minimum disruption during the entire process.
So if you're ever experiencing issues with your home's kitchen plumbing system then don't hesitate to call a reliable professional instead.