When your main water line needs repairs, it can result in extensive damage to your home or property. To avoid having to replace your drywall, flooring, electrical systems, and more, schedule professional repairs with a trustworthy technician as soon as possible. Call About Plumbing Inc. for services in Arnold, MO. We offer straightforward pricing to prevent any surprises later!
Is your sink starting to drain more and more slowly? It can signal a clogged drain. Contact us for drain cleaning services in Arnold.
Common Issues With Your Main Water Line
While any problem with your main water line should be taken seriously and inspected as soon as possible, there are some common issues you might encounter. These can include:
- Holes or cracks: These can be caused by corrosion from soil or frost.
- Pressure: Too much pressure in your line can cause it to break, resulting in water flooding your home and yard.
- Leaky water valves: These are common problems that can be repaired by a professional. While you might be able to find a YouTube video explaining how to make the repair yourself, this should only be fixed by an experienced plumber.
How To Detect a Leak in Your Water Line
To limit the damage to your property it’s crucial to find problems with your main water line as soon as possible. Some symptoms to watch for that can indicate a leak in your line are:
- You see mold or mildew growing on the walls or floor.
- You see wet spots on the floors or walls.
- Your grass is lusher than usual, indicating it’s receiving extra water or fertilizer.
- Your water meter is running even when all of your water fixtures are turned off.
Is there a blockage in your draining system that typical methods can’t remove? You might need another option. Call us to learn about our hydro jetting services.
Water Line Repair Tips
When problems develop in your main water line, it’s important to take the right steps to limit the amount of damage:
- Schedule an appointment with a professional to examine your line at the first signs of an issue.
- Determine if a technician can repair the system or if it needs to be replaced. A replacement might be recommended under certain circumstances - like if the system is aging.
- To stay safe, call 8-1-1 before any work is done on your line to ensure there are no electrical or gas lines near the pipes.