Clogged drains can be a nuisance that you need to repair as soon as possible. They can leave you showering in standing water up to your ankles, cause smelly odors in your kitchen sink, and result in your sinks draining more slowly. These problems can all be corrected by professional drain cleaning services. Call About Plumbing Inc. for drain cleaning and drain snaking services in Arnold, MO. We provide straightforward pricing to avoid confusion later.
Do you have a stubborn clog in your drains snaking can’t remove? You might need additional methods like hydro jetting to remove the blockage. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
When You Need Drain Snaking Services
When you call for professional help to remove a clog in your drains, one method our technicians might use is drain snaking. These can be used to remove almost any clogs, including those in the following areas:
- Floor drains
- Bathroom sinks
- Bathtub drains
- Main sewer lines
- Laundry drains
- Clogged toilets
- Shower drains
When you book an appointment with the trustworthy technicians at About Plumbing Inc, our experts will use drain cutters and blades to remove the clog.
Difference Between Drain Cleaning vs. Drain Cabling
When you have a clogged drain, it can be difficult to know whether you need to schedule drain cleaning or drain cabling services. While our experts can inform you what method your blockage needs, some of the key differences between the two services are:
- Drain snaking or cabling: During this method, a plumber will only remove the clog that is causing the blockage in your drain. He or she will do this by inserting a snake into the pipe that can be powered by a motor to rotate the cable to break up the blockage. This removes the clog, but it leaves the remnants of the blockage in your pipes, meaning the clog could return.
- Drain cleaning: With drain cleaning services, your pipes are completely flushed out, removing the clog and its particles. It also helps prevent clogs from forming by removing any small blockages before they get bigger.
Before you use a drain cleaning chemical or call us, read our guide on simple tips to unclog a bathroom sink!
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
A slow draining shower can quickly escalate from the time you first notice that your drain is starting to clog to when you are stuck showering in ankle-high water. Before you get to that point, it’s important to know what signs to watch for that can indicate you need professional drain cleaning services:
- Slow drains: Slow drains can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that are narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you have to frequently clean your drains, it can signal you need professional services to completely remove the blockage.
- Multiple drains clogged at once: Having multiple drains clogged at one time can indicate there’s a blockage deep within your mainline.
- Foul odor: Odors coming from your drains can indicate food trapped inside the drain or a major issue with the sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can signal a clog. It could mean eventually the drain will stop working completely, resulting in contaminated water all over the floor.