Fortunately, you probably don’t have to think about your septic tank too often - until it malfunctions. When this happens it’s important to act quickly to protect your family’s health and your property. To avoid potentially messy and damaging problems, call About Plumbing Inc. at the first signs of an issue at your Arnold, MO property. Our trustworthy technicians can repair or replace your unit quickly and accurately. We can also replace floats and alarms in the system.
Don’t delay when your sewer line needs repairs. Contact us to schedule sewer line services in Arnold. We provide upfront pricing!
Causes of Septic Tank Issues
While it’s never pleasant, unfortunately from time to time your septic tank might encounter issues that need professional repairs. These can include:
- Sludge buildup.
- Not emptying out a tank, which can cause it to backup.
- As it gets older your tank can deteriorate.
- Lines can become blocked in the drain field.
- Wear and tear on drain fields.
Signs You Need Septic Tank Repairs and Installations
To prevent damage to your property and to protect your household’s health, it’s important to catch issues with your septic tank that can require repairs or replacements as soon as possible. Some signs to watch for are:
- Foul odors.
- Sewage backups in your toilets, sinks, and drains.
- Slow drainage through your pipes and drains.
- Pooling water in your yard.
- Dying grass over the septic tank.
It’s also important to watch for symptoms that can indicate parts of your septic tank are not working. If you notice these signs, call About Plumbing Inc to schedule an appointment with our experts:
Sewage pump repairs and installations
If you notice dirty water, or if the pump is constantly cycling, the pump won’t start, or it’s making odd sounds, you should seek professional repairs.
Grinder pump repairs and installations
Some signs that can indicate your grinder pump needs to be repaired or replaced are if there are multiple clogged drains or toilets in your property and if you notice foul odors coming from the drains.
Effluent pump repairs and installations
If your pump is more than 10-15 years old, it can be time to start thinking about replacing it. The unit’s lifespan will depend on how hard it has to work, and how frequently the tank fills.
Leaks under the foundation of your home can cause massive water damage. If you need slab leak repairs, call us to schedule an appointment with our experts.
How To Prevent Septic Tank Issues
While a malfunctioning septic tank is not pleasant to deal with, fortunately, there are ways to avoid problems with the unit. Some of these include:
- Don’t pour grease down the sink or toilet. This can cause clogs in the drain field.
- When planning your property, position landscaping, roof gutters and foundation drains so water flows away from the drain field.
- Keep the drain field from becoming water-logged.
- Clear the area around the tank of tree roots and concrete structures like driveways or patios.
- Don’t flush solid materials like coffee grounds or banana peels down the toilet.
- Schedule regular service appointments with a professional.
- Avoid using household cleaning products like bleach and drain cleaners.