A leak in your home’s foundation can cause massive water damage to your property if it goes undetected for too long. Because of their location, slab leaks can go unnoticed for long periods of time and wreck your lawn, cause issues with your pipes and even lead to the growth of mold and mildew. To avoid this, call in the professionals as soon as you suspect a problem. Schedule an appointment with About Plumbing Inc. for services in Arnold, MO. When you book services with our trustworthy technicians, we will provide straightforward pricing.
Have you noticed signs of a leak in your house, but you’re not sure where it is, or how serious it is? Contact us to schedule water leak detection services.
What Is a Slab Leak?
To understand why it’s so crucial to detect and repair foundation leaks as soon as possible, it’s essential to first understand what slab leaks are.
These are leaks that occur below the foundation of your home. Because of their location, they can go unnoticed for a long period of time, meaning they can potentially cause a lot of damage. These leaks can cause water damage to your home, flood your lawn, and create problems with your plumbing system. They can also put your family’s health at risk if they lead to the formation of mold and mildew.
Because of the serious nature of these leaks, it’s important to call a professional at the first signs of an issue.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
To avoid serious water damage from a slab leak, it’s important to catch the symptoms of the leak as early as possible. Some signs you should watch for are:
- Your monthly water bills increase without a change in your usage.
- You hear the sound of running water in your home when you don’t have any faucets turned on.
- You feel cold or hot spots on your foundation.
- You see cracks in the base of the walls or the foundation or notice other visible signs of damage.
When there’s a problem with your main water line, you need professional help as soon as possible. Call us for water line services!
How Professionals Repair Slab Leaks
When you call a plumber to repair your home foundation leak, you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks while repairing the problem:
- Inspect the leak and find its exact location by using advanced home foundation leak detection methods.
- Open the slab and repair the leak at the exact spot of the issue.
- Determine if the plumbing needs to be replaced or rerouted. This is especially important if you have older pipes.
- Apply an epoxy pipe covering to repair any small cracks in the system. This is placed inside the pipes and can help you avoid a costly reconstruction.