Sure, there are some problems around your house you can delay in repairing. However, issues with your sewer line are not ones you can wait on. As soon as you notice an issue with your line it’s crucial to have it inspected and repaired by a professional. The longer a problem goes unrepaired, the more risks it can pose to your health and your property. Call About Plumbing Inc. when you need our trustworthy technicians to repair or replace your line in Arnold, MO. We provide straightforward pricing to avoid any surprises later.
Contact us to learn about our sewer video inspection services to let experts quickly and non-invasively find issues with your sewer line.
Common Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Finding out you have a hole in your sewer line, or if there is a section of the line that’s collapsed, can create a major headache. Unfortunately, these issues do occur. Some common problems you might encounter are:
- Blockages in drains that clog the line.
- Corrosive soil that causes the line to deteriorate.
- Cracks in the line.
- Shifting of the earth that causes the lines to collapse.
- Signs of aging.
- Tree roots that are interfering with the line.
- Problems with your septic tank.
- Issues during a major construction project that interfere with the line.
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repairs
It’s essential to detect and repair any issue with your sewer line - including a collapsed line - as soon as possible to keep your family healthy and prevent damage to your property. If you notice the following problems you should call our experts at About Plumbing Inc to schedule repairs:
- Your drains are slow to empty or don’t empty out at all.
- You have multiple drains that are clogged at one time.
- You smell sewage in or around your property.
- You hear bubbling sounds when you use the sink or flush the toilet.
- You see standing water around the sewer line.
- You have water backing up out of your tubs, toilets, and sinks.
Need help diagnosing the issue with your sewer line? Read our additional list of common problems homeowners face in Arnold, MO.
How To Prevent Sewer Line Issues
The best and easiest way to deal with a problem in your sewer line is to avoid having them in the first place. Some ways to prevent these issues are:
- Be aware of what you can put down your drains and toilet. Some items to avoid include hygienic products, diapers, cooking grease, oils, and even some types of toilet paper.
- Locate and mark your sewer lines before performing a large excavation or construction project in your yard.
- Keep trees with large root systems as far away from sewage lines as possible.
- Put screens in your sinks, showers, and bathtubs to prevent debris from going down the drain.