When your entire family tries to shower in the morning, does the last person often run out of hot water? There’s a solution to this - a tankless water heater. These energy-efficient units provide hot water on-demand, without needing to heat the whole tank of water. For tankless water heater repairs and installations in Arnold, MO, call About Plumbing Inc. We provide straightforward pricing!
If you’re not ready to make the switch to a tankless water heater, we can still help. Contact us to learn about our traditional water heater services.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heater Installation
When choosing a new water heater for your household, you might be tempted to select a traditional unit because you are more familiar with them. However, tankless systems provide a lot of advantages, including:
- They only heat the exact amount of water needed -- helping to reduce your monthly utility bills.
- They require less maintenance than traditional units.
- They pose fewer risks of contaminated water since the water isn’t sitting in a tank until it’s used.
- They take up less space than traditional models.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
Have you ever purchased an appliance for your home that came with a guaranteed life expectancy? Probably not. While experts cannot promise how long a tankless water heater will last, they can provide some estimates. Depending on the make and model, these units can last between 10 to 20 years -- or longer. This lifespan can be affected by how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating.
Considering a gas or electric water heater instead? Learn the benefits and disadvantages of each one before giving us a call.
Issues You Might Encounter With on-Demand Water Heaters
While there are many advantages to instant hot water heaters, it’s important to be aware of some problems you might experience during the installation process or while using the unit, including:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system may be more expensive than a traditional unit, but you will save on energy usage. Soon, the money you’re saving can outweigh the price of the system.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. Only trust a plumbing professional to do this work!
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage.