Does your basement often flood during major storms? Do you see pools of water forming in your yard during heavy rain? You need a functioning sump pump to keep your basement dry. Call About Plumbing Inc. for sump pump repairs and installations in Arnold, MO. When you call us, our trustworthy technicians will get the job done! We provide straightforward pricing so there are no surprises on your bill later.
Learn maintenance tips and common issues that you can fix at home to improve the lifespan of your sump pump system. Call us for friendly service!
Why You Need a Sump Pump
If you think you don’t need a sump pump, it’s important to understand the purpose of these systems. These units help prevent water from entering your home, sparing you the headache - and health risks - associated with a flooded basement during a major storm. This can lead to water damage to your flooring, walls, insulation, and even your electrical system. If you need your sump pump repaired or replaced, call our trustworthy technicians at About Plumbing Inc.
Different Types of Sump Pumps
When selecting a sump pump for your property, you have several options. Some common types are:
- Pedestal sump pumps: In this model, the pumps are set at the top of the sump basin, which allows technicians to easily access it if it needs to be repaired or replaced. This unit has a hollow shaft or pipe that runs down to the bottom of the basin, where it pumps out the water through an installed impeller apparatus.
- Submersible sump pumps: These units have a waterproof motor and are placed into the pit. This allows for a more quiet operation.
- Sewage septic pumps: This unit is typically used when black wastewater material has to be moved up a level from below the ground surface, like in a basement. These systems grind the waste into a fine slurry, which is then pumped upward into a septic tank system.
- Septic effluent pumps: These specialty devices force liquified septic fluids through drain fields.
- Battery backup: It’s important to include a battery backup on your unit to ensure it can still work even during a power failure. This can give you assurances that it won’t go out in the middle of a severe storm. We provide battery backups, so if you need a unit, just call About Plumbing Inc.
There are so many types of sump pumps, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Check out our guide to help you decide the best option for your home!
Common Sump Pump Problems
Like all appliances in your home, occasionally your sump pump might encounter issues that need to be repaired. These can include:
- Float valve issues: To avoid serious issues with your unit, make sure the float valve is free from any obstructions.
- Underpowered pumps: If your unit is not the right size for your home, you should have a new one installed as soon as possible to ensure it can properly prevent water from seeping into your house.
- Frozen or clogged discharge pipe: Make sure that the discharge pipes are clean and functioning properly to prevent issues.
- Worn-out pump motors: If the motor in your unit wears out, consult a professional to determine if you need to replace the system.
To have any of these issues repaired, call our trustworthy technicians at About Plumbing Inc.